JOB OPPORTUNITIES, VOLUNTEER, INTERN, etc.
Family Economic Security Organizer
The Granite State Organizing Project is a grassroots, institution based community organization serving New Hampshire with active membership in Manchester, Nashua, Goffstown, Londonderry, Hillsborough and Concord. The Family Economic Security Organizer works with struggling and low wage workers to develop their capacity to address issues of family economic security including: advocating for a higher state minimum wage, working to ensure that all workers have the right to a schedule that allows them to plan for family life, paid sick days, the right to access their pay without onerous fees and more.
JOB TITLE: Community Organizer â€“ Family Economic Security
- Recruit and train a minimum of 10 leaders to facilitate listening sessions and share their stories
- Coordinate outreach to religious congregations in Manchester and Nashua regarding worker issues and family economic security
- Organize listening sessions in at least 10 local congregations, unions, community centers, etc. per quarter with low wage workers and low income seniors in Manchester, Nashua, Goffstown and Concord
- Conduct follow up meetings with newly identified leaders after each session
- Record stories of struggling workers/retirees for story bank; train workers in telling their stories and presenting testimony
- Organize meetings between groups of struggling workers and elected officials
- Facilitate all data collection required for the family economic security project
- Preparation of written materials including agendas, meeting notes & memos
- Other duties as assigned by the GSOP Executive Director
HOURS & LOCATION OF WORK: The position is an exempt, full time position and may require more than 40 hours of work per week. Some attendance at night or weekend meetings will be required. The organizer must have a car & valid auto insurance.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary range $30,000 per year, plus health and dental insurance, paid sick leave and paid vacation. Work related travel and expenses will be reimbursed.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, detailing your interest in the position, prior community organizing experience and a resume to: Sarah Jane Knoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Interested in a unique volunteer experience?
Concerned about your future and a secure retirement?
Become a Grassroots Ambassador!!!
What are Grassroots Ambassadors?
Grassroots Ambassadors are volunteer community leaders committed to taking part in the democratic process and to educating the public on the importance of protecting and strengthening Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
Grassroots Ambassadors will work with their grassroots organization to develop their own work plans, identify the strengths and skills they wish to develop further, participate in local meetings and trainings, and attend regional trainings and coordinated activities.
Work plans can include: face to face outreach, small group meetings, presentations, writing letters to the editor, online outreach, visiting with members of Congress, bird dogging candidates and more!
Small volunteer stipend available to cover travel and incidental expenses.
Apply by calling Kristin Cahill at 668-8250.
Granite State Organizing Project
Check it out at Retirementsecurityvoices.org and on Facebook at Retirement Security campaign - CCC and field partners.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Interested in volunteering? GSOP has many things volunteers can do! Though GSOP does not have a formal internship program, we are willing to work with you to create an internship position.